Essentials of Chemical Dependency Counseling, 3e - 14351
Read your book anywhere, on any device, through RedShelf's cloud based eReader.
Digital Notes and Study Tools
Built-in study tools include highlights, study guides, annotations, definitions, flashcards, and collaboration.
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be used offline.
The publisher does not allow content in this book to be printed.
The publisher does not allow content in this book to be copied and pasted.
Additional Book Details
Essentials of Chemical Dependency Counseling explores the full range of issues that face today's counselors and counselors-in-training. Also included are practical suggestions for career success.
The use of chapter objectives and discussion questions and the availability of an instructor's manual make this an ideal textbook for use in chemical dependency counseling courses in programs of psychology, family therapy, and social work.
1. Becoming a Chemical Dependency Counselor
2. Legal and Ethical Issues in Chemical Dependency Counseling
3. The Counseling Process
4. Characterizing Clients and Assessing Their Needs
5. Group Counseling in the Treatment of Chemical Dependency
6. Family Counseling: Seeing the Family as the Client
7. Dealing with Diversity
8. Aftercare and Relapse Prevention
9. Counseling Those Who Are "Reluctant to Recover"
10. Harm Reduction: A New Concept of Care
11. How To Survive in a Chemical Dependency Agency
12. Some Questions and Answers
|Sold By||PRO-ED Publishing, Inc.|
|ISBNs||1416406565, 9780944480342, 9781416406563|
|Number of Pages||517|